- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or coconut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
How to Make It:
Combine chicken broth, rice vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce, cornstarch, dark sesame oil, and crushed red peppers in the small bowel and whisk together.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry 30 seconds. Sprinkle shrimp with salt. Add shrimp to pan, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp mixture from the pan.
Add remaining oil to the pan. Add broccoli and onion to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add shrimp mixture (step 2) and broth mixture (step 1) to pan; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.